Saturday, May 28, 2011

Visitors :)

It is the weekend of the Indy 500 and we are getting ready for the Matsonian's visit. It has been my job to clean out our storage room, which actually is an extra guest room. The task has been challenging, as the garage is already full of tools and extra carpet. So, I reorganized closets and made room for more boxes. Since we still have a limited amount of space in our home, I lined the big boxes along the storage room's wall.

When I started cleaning the storage room, there were boxes from the door to the far wall. Fortunately, I was able to condense boxes and get rid of stuff. I have a good size pile of empty boxes waiting to be burned.  (My afternoon project.) I am very pleased with the result, as there actually is space to walk through the room! The other good news is my sewing material and accessories are now readily accessible. :)

Now I have time for a quick nap before it is time to make supper. I was thinking of throwing together baked chicken, seasoned potatoes, mac & cheese and cranberry fluff. And if I have extra time, I'll make Mom's whole wheat bread. sigh Nothing beats walking into a house to the fragrance of fresh baked bread. :)

2 comments:

  1. WhoooHoo! Making progress on making a house a home! :) Hugs the Matson's for us and enjoy the company! Love to all-
    ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy but having the Matson's visit is so worth it. I wish I could've made it up. :)

    ReplyDelete