Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sledding

Since today was our last day together, we decided to make the most of it and go sledding!! We bundled up, snow suits and boots.


First, Audrey and I cleared off the car. We delayed going to the park because one of us started a snow fight. After successfully beating Audrey, ahheem, I mean cleaning off the car . . . we took off for the park.

Our driver (back)
Walking to the hill

 The park was deserted when we arrived. YES! The whole sledding hill to ourselves. We trekked to the hill and began our afternoon of fun. (Last week I had been shopping with Christa and I found blue "Powder Stick". It looked like a new and improved sled, so I bought it.) We tried out the powder stick and discovered why it was called that. When sledding down the hill . . . both people on the sled were bombarded with snow dust in the face. When we called it a day, we were all tired and ready for a hot cup of spice tea.
PS We did take more pictures, but they were on Audrey's camera. And I forgot to download them before they left. sigh Guess that means they will have to visit again soon. :)

Beautiful snow picture 1!

Beautiful snow picture 2!
Before sledding down
After our snow shower






My wonderful sisters




The end of our sledding adventure :)

2 comments:

  1. Twas a grand adventure too! Funny though... I seem to remember being the winner of that snow fight. :P Either way, good memories. Oh yes, another visit sounds like a good idea, but let's have you & M come down this time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is St. Patrick's Day and I was finally able to view the snow pics from January! Looks fun! Ya'll will have to join us for skiing at Red River or Angel Fire, NM in Feb. 2012!!! Love, hugs & misses-

    ReplyDelete