Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lowes, Menards and Beyond

Today was a good day for house projects. Michael and I went out to breakfast and made a list for shopping and projects. I stuck to the shopping list pretty well. :) The only extra's I got were: gladiolus bulbs, bottled water and 4th of July tshirts.

We found most of the items on our shopping list with no problem . . . paint, tape measure, outdoor light. Unfortunately, we were not able to find jalapeno pepper plants for a reasonable price. sigh So, I'll be planting more seeds and hope the plants mature before the weather gets cool this fall.

The paint was fun picking out because it is for our last two major rooms. . . the den and our extra guest room. Michael picked out the colors for the den . . . tan and a dark brown. I'll put pictures up after we get one of the walls painted. The other room was harder to pick out paint for because there are so many different shades of green! We finally settled on a bright yellowish green. (And yes, we now will have a green living room and guestroom.)


Once we got home, I crashed with a late afternoon nap and Michael tackled putting up the outdoor light. It will be very nice to walk up to our back door with a lighted entry. :) I'm so thankful he knows how to do handy-man type work!

Later today Michael went fishing with the guys and I started painting the guestroom. I just did the entry/corner, since boxes and a bed take up the rest of the room. Now I'm waiting for the paint to dry to see if I really like the color . . . I think I do. :)

Beware ! ! Wet Paint!

We'll see what it looks like once the paint drys  :)

To finish the day . . . my husband just brought me a serving of mint ice-cream, topped with chocolate syrup and a double chocolate cookie. And a glass of milk . . . wow, I have an amazing husband! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for fresh paint (and mint ice-cream with all the toppings). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael is very good to you and I do like the color you picked out however, it's amazing to me you can eat MinT Choc Chio Ice Cream with Choc Syrup and a Choc Cookie and stay SKINNY!!!! I have to work hard and now need to go walk three miles because you ate MCCIC w/CC & a CC and I gained five pounds reading your post!!!!!! ;) Love ya'll! Happy 4th!!! ~mom

    ReplyDelete