Monday, December 20, 2010

New Recipe :)

The other day I was wanting to try something new in my kitchen. So I pulled out some recipes that Christa gave me. I settled on General Tzo's Chicken, a delicious Chinese recipe for supper. Since I had turkey on hand, I substituted chicken for turkey. The result . . . "It's a keeper." :)

General Tzo's Chicken

Cut up 8 chicken breast into cubes; mix in 3 eggs
Breading:
1 c. flour
1 c. cornstarch (I don't like cornstarch, so I added extra flour)
1 T. parsley
1 t. ginger
1 t. salt

Sauce:
4 c. BBQ sauce
2 c. corn syrup
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. ginger
1/2 t. cayenne pepper

Dip chicken into eggs, then breading. Fry in oil. (Olive oil works well.) Remove chicken. Add sauce to frying pan. Stir until boiling. Add chicken. Let set to glaze.
Serve with rice and enjoy! :)

Now I'm getting ready for a cookie bake on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I left the best recipes for Christmas cookies at home! I'm longing to make the delicious jam filled cookies. Mmmmhmmm, they are good!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a new post! It's about time! :P

    Dinner sounded delicious. I Wish I could have dropped in to help you eat it. Oh well, I guess we'll have to try the recipe for ourselves. Mom made homemade egg-rolls the other night... they were pretty good and probably would go right along with the recipe.

    Cookie bakes are awesome (especially the end results!) Maybe you should call home to get those recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this recipe tonight and it is definitely a keeper! I cooked the chicken and let it glaze, removed it to another pan and stirred in all sorts of raw veggies (carrots, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, etc.) including bean sprouts & water chestnuts (slced) from a can. All agreed it is a keeper recipe and one of the best "Chinese" dishes I've ever made! Thanks for sharing! Yums!

    ReplyDelete